Bridgestone provides $25K with regard to Teens who all ‘Drive Smart’
Amateur videographers or students with a inventive side in addition to access to the camera are invited to the 7th annual Bridgestone Teens Get Smart Video Contest. The very grand prizewinner will take family home a cool $25, 000 scholarship or grant and have her or his video proven on environment across the country to be a public service announcement pertaining to Bridgestone Unites states.
The point within the contest can be driver protection, and the needs aren’t far too tough. The bottomline is together any 25- OR SIMPLY 55-second movie on some aspect of vehicle or driving a car safety. One example is
- Place belt intake,
- Tire monetary inflation,
- Avoiding disturbances while driving a car (like devices and texting), or
- Driving defensively
Local car owners can take some cues on the Fairfax County Police ‘Youthful Driver Program’ or the solutions provided for the Montgomery Regional Teen Driving Safetywebsite. You can check out very last year’s hitting videos meant for ideas or maybe a recent Inside Dateline segment upon teen having and driving a car (you whilst your parents need to probably understand this anyway).
Once you’ve strong ! on a issue, think about the best approach to present it— say to be a story right from experience or perhaps a music video tutorial or a demo. Then shoot— a video of course!
You’ll need to build a very simple signing up form and next upload your company’s video to Bridgestone web site simply by no eventually than Summer 20, 2013. Judges will narrow down the very entries, along with the top 10 clips will be uploaded for person voting by July 15 to 28.
All of the top ten filmmakers will probably at least be successful a set of brand-new tires, with $25, 000 going to the Outstanding Prize winner. Second and also third put winners will get $15, 000 and $, 000 correspondingly. This is considerable money together with considerably enhanced from former years.
The tournament is offered to legal long term residents of your 50 state governments and the Place of Columbia or The us, age ranges 16 by means of 21 . Entries must have a very very valid license and be signed up as fulltime students with the accredited second, college degree, or industry school.
On the phone to crib someone else’s work, and don’t bother to anything unacceptable. And spend VERY close focus on the time requirements because videos that can not conform is going to be automatically disqualified.
News with the 2013 Higher education Reception Signal
Many colleges as well as universities struck the road earnings season to begin a new recruitment method that actually accidently get in full swing action in the slide.
Short of basically visiting your campus, these kinds of presentations offer you opportunities in order to get basic details about a school and also make yourself seen to area distributors.
Although those sessions tend to be open to the general public, it’s generally a good idea to pre-register if the option is offered. If not, how are folks running the presentation going to discover how many flip-up chairs to install?
The following are some of the more popular originate events:
- Exploring University Options: This may be a special crew recruiting program pay per click by the basic admissions places of work of Fight it out, Georgetown, Harvard, the School of Missouri, and Stanford. The journey has three stops within the DC space, with the initial scheduled meant for Monday, May well 20th, with the Bethesda Northern Marriott Hotel room & Conference Center, for 7: one month p. t. Two additional sessions would be held at May21st around the Tysons Cupboard Marriott, along with Wednesday, May well 22 nd at the Hyatt Regency Buenos aires on Polish capitol Hill.
- Universities That Change Lives: This year, CTCL will check out the Washington DC area about Sunday, Can 19, at the Marriott Bethesda North Inn and National gathering Center, with 1: 00 pm. Each and every program will begin with a 30-minute information treatment followed immediately by the school fair.
- The particular Claremont Colleges and universities: The Claremont Colleges (Harvey Mudd, Claremont McKenna, Pitzer, Pomona in addition to Scripps Colleges) will hold a local information and facts session on Saturday, May eighteen, from a pair of to 5 p. mirielle., at the Pooks Hill Bethesda Marriott.
- Immersing themselves in Educational Fineness: Join Brown, Chicago, Columbia, Cornell, and also Rice for a information program targeted to possible students together with families. Lessons include a review of each body, information on prologue and financing, as well as a opportunity to speak casually with entrée representatives.
- main of the Best Universities: Claremont McKenna, Colorado University, Connecticut University, Grinnell, Haverford, Kenyon, Macalester, and Dorothy Lawrence ask students in addition to families for additional info on these 8 nationally established liberal artistry colleges. Half a dozen programs continue for the time.
- Coast so that you can Coast Visit: Dartmouth, Northwestern, Princeton, UC Berkeley, along with Vanderbilt take a look at nine metropolitan areas in ten states. The main evening includes a brief details session with regards to each school and time and energy to interact with prologue representatives in a college rational format. The main tour comes to the DC area on May 23 rd .
- Boston School: This content rich program is made to provide college students appreciate it students having an ‘Eagle Overview. ‘
- Carnegie Mellon College: Admissions consultants will papers 123 present an overall information appointment to college students who might be in the early stages within their college research. You can enroll now for your event scheduled for Sunday, June two, at the Bethesda Marriott Inn.
- Northwestern Or even: In addition to the Region to Shoreline Tour (see above), further sessions will be open to scholars and their people in various parts of the country. Northwestern vacations with Dartmouth, Princeton, Vanderbilt and UVA to California in May 2013.
- The main University involving North Carolina from Greensboro: Only two “First Look” sessions would be held in the exact DC spot. The first requires place on May 29, with Rockville, plus the second can be scheduled regarding May twenty-one, at the Tysons Corner Marriott. Online registration mark will require someone to open some SpartanLinkaccount.